It took a while for us to agree on it, but after a lot of talking, we finally decided to go through with it. The conversation went something like this:
Ryan: I really want a baby.
Me: No.
*I don't want to be the wife who always says no, so I reconsidered.
Me: OK. Fine. But there are some ground rules. 1. If you are holding the baby, you can never push it off on me. If I don't want to hold it/ touch it, you can't make me. 2. You can never call me and tell me you won't be home in time to feed it and expect ME to feed it. I refuse. 3. You are responsible for keeping it clean. If that thing stinks up my house, I'll be very upset.
Ryan: OK!
So it was agreed. We decided to have a baby...
SNAKE!!

It's an albino milk snake...and it's just a baby. Apparently it's going to grow up to 4 feet long. If you can get past the idea that it's a SNAKE, it's actually kind of pretty. But it still really grosses me out.
Ryan loves it and promises to take good care of it. It makes him happy, so I'm happy.
9 comments:
All I have to say is..."My baby is cuter than your baby!" Just kiddin
Congrats on your new addition. You are a very kind and understanding wife I don't think that I could ever go for something like that.
A snake!!!! I'm not really surprised. He loved the corn snakes we had and it really is an easy pet. Just make sure the cage is closed. Ask Ryan how many have escaped in our old house!!! At least you will not be having a lot of babies like we had. 1 is better than 2 because 2 makes lots and lots!!!!!
I knew it was going to be some kind of pet. Oh, isn't it crazy how sometimes husbands can be like kids. Just imagine your future son begging you for one and I bet you will see Ryan. Good luck.
Your baby is going to be a lot easier than mine....oh well.
There's no way in you know where that I'd let Jas have one of those in our house. I'm not anti-snake just anti snake in my house. I'd say Ryan owes you.
Like Michelle, I figured it was gonna be a pet, too. :)
It is very pretty! And good luck with the "Ryan, you do all the work, or else" bit --I gave that line to Brandon 8 years ago when we got a cat, and I'm still the one to feed him and remind Brandon to change the litter...
Congrats! That is like way exciting! :D
Sorry but I would much rather have a baby....snakes totally freak me out!! Good for you though for letting Ryan get it.
Oh dang she is really pretty! Congrats!
Post a Comment