Last Saturday, Ryan and I went to the Orange County Fair with Justin, Alison, their baby Emily, and Alison's brothers and SIL. We had a blast!!
The Maloof Money Cup was taking place at the fair and we were able to see many of the best skateboarders in the world skating together for the largest prize ($100,000.00) ever in a skating competition.
Watching these guys fly on the skate ramps was incredible!! I've never seen anything like it!
BUT, as interesting as it was, you can bet we didn't spend all night watching skateboarders. We ventured out and ate a lot of fair food. Here's what we got.
-Turkey leg - we got one last year and just LOVED it. We HAD to get another.
-Corn - Perhaps the BEST corn on the cob I've ever had. Who would have guessed Parmesan cheese would make it so delicious?
-Fresh squeezed lemonade - Mmmm
-Fried frog legs - ok, I didn't eat this one, but Ryan has been dying to try it since he saw it last year. The verdict: not worth his $10.
-Funnel cake with whipped cream - I've never had one before, can you believe it? It was delicious, but I couldn't finish it for the life of me...
We also visited my favorite part of the fair, the pigs!! One of them had just had babies two days before, so we got to see lots of baby piglets. MY FAVORITE!!
Anyway, we had such a great night and we're excited to go back again before it ends.
---
I'm so mad! I've been looking at Cal State Fullerton's Fall '08 schedule for months. I mapped out the perfect schedule, but also planned a few back-ups just in case. My registration date is set for tomorrow (it's issued by the school), and I think registration just started this week, so I was pretty sure I would have no issue getting my classes.
TURNS OUT I WAS WRONG!
I got a text from a friend explaining that 3 of her classes are already full. I figured I would check mine out. WELL, 4 of the 5 I was going to take this semester are FULL!!! HOW ON EARTH IS A PERSON SUPPOSED TO GRADUATE FROM THIS RIDICULOUS SCHOOL IF THEY CAN'T EVEN GET THEIR CLASSES. I'M A SENIOR, SHOULDN'T I HAVE SOME SORT OF PRIORITY REGISTRATION?!?
I WANT TO SCREAM!
So, what am I going to do? See what I can get tomorrow and immediately email all of the teachers from the closed classes begging to put me on the top of the list for petitioners. That way, when 20 people show up to petition on the first day of class (as always happens in my speech com. classes), maybe my name will stick out and my teachers will have pity on me and add me.
Here's hoping...
No comments:
Post a Comment