Well, I don't have a picture of the first thing, but you can guess what it looks like:
I'm on the enrichment committee and we had a fall craft event yesterday. My assignment was to make one batch of zucchini bread and one batch of pumpkin bread. Each batch makes 2 loaves, so I made 4 loaves all together.
Ryan LOVES pumpkin bread (well, pumpkin anything, really) and he was quite upset that he didn't even get to taste the pumpkin bread, as I had to take it all to enrichment.
Well, I wasn't the only one making bread, and we had so much that I ended up bringing all 4 loaves home. Ryan now has two loaves of very moist and delicious (if I do say so myself) pumpkin bread to eat. Neither of us were sure if we liked zucchini bread, so we tried it just a few minutes ago. Ryan's verdict: "it's not pumpkin bread". I think it tastes good, but it's not as moist as the pumpkin and I know it will go to waste here...so, to the office it goes. Hope they like it.
At enrichment, there were several fall or Halloween crafts. I ended up trying to make a knit hat. I don't crochet or knit, so I didn't think I could do this, but with this cool little invention called the Knifty Knitter, making a hat was a breeze.
This is what it looks like:
And here's mine:
(That's me right now. I just took the picture with the webcam)
It took about 3 hours to make, and it's kind of repetitive, but it's a great in-front-of-the-tv activity.
I ended up making another one last night. It's tiny, like newborn size, but it's a much better quality. I doubled the yarn, so it's thicker, and therefore warmer. And, there aren't any holes in it. This one has a huge ugly hole in it that I'm hiding in the back.
Anyway, I kind of like these. I'm not usually a beanie wearer, but that could all change if I start making some cool ones. Now I'm excited to go to the craft store and get some of these knitters and some funky yarn. Oh, and seriously, it's SO easy. A 12 year old was teaching us how to make them, and an 8 year old was sitting next to me working on one.


5 comments:
Nothing is as good a pumpkin bread.
We make those nifty hats at girls camps so I had to learn how to do them this year. It's a pretty easy thing to do while watching a movie. The church usually uses the little ones for humanitarian aid or local hospitals love them for the new babies as well. They are really soft if you get boucle or baby yarn.oooh
Hey Missy,
I'm impressed!!! She sew, she cooks, she knit, whats next?
who is that?!
You are lucky! I've always wanted anonymous people to leave me comments!
So you made a baby size beanie?! Is that a hint? *wink wink*
I used to make those hat things too! They are SO quick and easy. :-)
Post a Comment