Oct 21, 2008

Nie Nie Dialogues


I'm hooked. For the past month or so I've been checking in on both nienie dialogues and cjanerun for updates on Stephanie and her husband Christian. These parents of four (I think) were involved in a plane crash back in August and sustained critical burns covering most of their bodies. They remain in the hospital. Christian is in rehab, while Stephanie still has many more skin graft surgeries to undergo. She remains in a drug-induced coma.

Stephanie's sister Jane blogs for donations (for the ever growing medical expenses) and constantly updates her readers on their progress. What touches me the most is how many people, strangers really, have joined together to raise money for this cause. There have been garage sales, etsy sales, concerts, 5k's, etc. to raise money for this family that most people only know through the blogging world.

It just makes me happy to see so many people coming together for a family in need and supporting them with donations and prayers. I also find it remarkable to read how this family has turned this tragedy into a growing experience.

If you don't know about these blogs (I know many of you do), and you're in need of a good cry, read them. It took me a while to go back and find "the beginning" of the story, since both Stephanie and Jane blogged before the crash, so, for your convenience, I've dug up the links to the first posts about it:

Stephani - her blog consists mostly of old posts being re-posted by the family so you can get a taste of who she is.

Jane - her blog includes thoughts on the situation, updates on Stephanie and Christian's children (who are staying with her), updates on Stephani and Christian, updates on concerts or other events to raise money, and links to donate, if you feel so inclined.

Anyway, I just had to pass this on. I really enjoy keeping updated on the family and I thought you might too.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Did you know that Brandon works with Courney's and Nie Nie's Brother-in-law? In fact, he's the one who hired him. Here's the connection:

Page is the sister of Nie Nie. Page married Vance. Vance hired Brandon. Vance's brother Brent is married to Ann. Ann and Brent have been our close friends for almost 10 years. We bought Vance and Brent's childhood home. Ann's parents are in our ward. Ann hangs out with Page (Vance's wife) because they are family. Page is Nie Nie's sister. However, I have only met Courtney (CJane) and never Page, although I know Vance and have met him. Oh, and Vance, Brent, and Brandon all work together at the same company.

Does that make sense?

Anyway, I love their blogs, too. :)

Annica said...

I will have to look at that when I need a good cry! I had my share this week so I might have to wait 'til next week!