I want to be just like Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa.
I was just catching up on Tivo and watched 5 episodes of Barefoot Contessa (thank goodness for the fast forward option...it only took an hour and a half or so). I really don't enjoy cooking much, and to be honest, many of Ina's dishes don't appeal to my picky palate, but there's just something about her that I love. I have learned some great basic things from her, like how to roast a whole chicken (never thought I'd want to do that, but I'm going to give it a shot).
After I watch her show, I really want to get in the kitchen and cook something, and I'm inspired to use more fresh ingredients. I'm even thinking of only buying fresh chicken from now on. Since we got married we've always bought the frozen boneless/skinless chicken from Costco...and since we've gotten married, I've really started to dislike chicken. I'll be eating dinner and a few bites into it, I push it away. After today's Barefoot Contessa marathon, I'm hoping that fresh chicken might be the answer.
I really thought I'd always be kind of hopeless in the kitchen, but this show has made me want more.
I hope in the future I can become I great cook. I hope it can become something I really enjoy doing. I hope I can look back in 20 years and not believe that there was a point in my life where I disliked cooking. And I hope that one day people can say "Melissa is a great cook".
No comments:
Post a Comment