I had a very productive day today, and lately, those are hard to come by for me. I went to work. I did 3 loads of laundry, folded it, AND put it away. I unloaded the dishwasher, reloaded it, and washed some other dishes by hand. I found time to take an hour long nap, ANNND I got dinner started BEFORE Ryan got home. That might not sound like a lot to you, but with how tired I've been lately, that's like 3 days worth of work.
Anyway, lately I haven't been starting dinner until Ryan gets home. It can be hard to time it so things are ready when he gets here and we have had several instances where dinner was ready about 30 minutes before he got home and I had to eat without him (pregnant=always hungry=HAD TO!). So, I usually just wait...but then he gets home and is starving and ends up snacking until dinner is ready...like a little kid (or a pregnant woman), he can't just wait a little while longer for dinner. Tonight was different though, I had accomplished so much today and thought: "wouldn't I just be the best wife ever if I did ALL of that AND had dinner ready when he got home?!" So I started browning some meat and boiling some noodles for spaghetti.
I was just about done and ready to grab the Ragu (which is my FAVORITE pasta sauce and I ALWAYS have a large jar on hand), when Ryan walks in the door, notices what I'm cooking and says: "You're not going to need pasta sauce for that, are you?" Turns out, he took some spaghetti squash to work for lunch and rather than just pouring some sauce on it or portioning some out into a smaller container, he took my ENTIRE jar of Ragu and left it at the office!! Never mind the fact that he practically had spaghetti for lunch and now I was making it for dinner, I HAD NO SAUCE :(
Luckily for Ryan, I had 1 can of tomato sauce in the pantry and just added that to the meat and started tossing in spices. I guess it turned out ok because he had seconds...but it was ALMOST declared a cereal night.
2 comments:
HAHA - Josh does the opposite. I usually get dinner ready pretty quickly, and says "I'm not hungry yet." Then by the time he eats, it's cold!
You go girl!! That day sounds so familiar... ;-)
Post a Comment