Just after we checked in...still feeling good.
The camera went away when things got painful, but this is right after the epidural when I could finally muster up a smile again. I wanted one last picture of us before our lives would change forever!
SO much smaller than I expected. He's just PERFECT!!
The first thing we learned about the boy is that he LOVES to be swaddled.
Our first visitors!! Ryan's parents and Melissa (below) stopped by to visit a few hours after Brady was born.
Melissa, Melissa, Brady :)
First family picture
When he cries, it sounds more like a squeal. It's pretty much the cutest thing...EVER.
The morning after...
I wasn't producing ANY milk and Brady was having a hard time latching, so we reluctantly agreed to supplement with formula and pump until my milk came in. They boy needed SOMETHING in his belly.
I'm happy to report that after maybe 3 days of supplementing, Brady got off formula and has been on breast milk only since. I love it because I know it's better for him, he's not spitting up as much, IT'S FREE, and his burps don't stink so much. Formula STINKS.
PERFECTION
Waiting to be discharged. Funny story: I packed 2 outfits for him to come home in. One pair of tiny newborn jammies and one other bigger set of jammies. I figured I'd have a large baby that wouldn't likely fit into the tiny pair, but at 6.13 pounds (and only 6.7 by the time we left the hospital) Brady was SWIMMING in the tiny newborn sized pjs. We have since had to get a few preemie outfits because he's so small.
They let us take him HOME!!
2 comments:
He is beautiful Melissa! I can't wait to finally see/meet him in April. I read the story...so great! I LOVE birth stories.
Ha, these babies never let us do things the way we planned...we had a cute 0-3 month outfit for our first to take her home in and she spit up on it right after we got her dressed to leave, before pictures...so she went home in 2 of those hospital T-shirts, one on top and one with her legs through the arms. It's just the start of many great stories to come!! Congrats on making it through and having such a beautiful little guy!! Have fun and enjoy all the snuggling!!
Post a Comment