Well, it's been just over 3 weeks and all I can think about is how much I LOVE being a mom to this little guy. We just lay around all day together. He mostly sleeps, but I could watch him do that for hours so I don't mind that only one of us is awake during our quality time together. The best part about watching him sleep is catching an occasional smile or laugh. I can't WAIT until he is smiling and laughing while he is awake! ...but then I CAN wait, because that will mean he's growing up and he's not my little newborn anymore.
He is so soft and kissable. I think I've covered him in kisses a hundred times over. I especially love kissing his little feet!
He usually loves his pacifier, but if he doesn't want it, he lets us know! We go to put it in and he won't clamp down on it, he keeps his mouth wide open and then vigorously shakes his head back and forth, as if to say "NO, I DON'T WANT IT". It's hilarious!
When he is awake, he's usually pretty mellow (unless he's hungry or gassy - which is a big problem for him right now). He'll sit quietly for a while just looking around and taking it all in.
Being a mom is easy when you get to look at this cute face all day. Okay, maybe it isn't easy ALL the time. We've had a few rough nights where I've gotten pretty frustrated, but it's all worth it when this boy locks eyes with yours or calms down when you pick him up. Those moments make it seem like everything is right in the world.
Another one of the best parts about having this boy in our lives is seeing Ryan fill the role of daddy. He's so great with the baby and is so proud to be a father. Nothing melts my heart more than seeing my two favorite boys cuddling during an afternoon nap!
I think I'm a pretty lucky girl!
4 comments:
So sweet!!! Even after 2 kids, the one thing I look forward too is seeing the new baby sleeping on Greg, just like Brady is on Ryan!!! As much as I love cuddle time there is nothing cuter than seeing those tiny babies asleep on their big daddies =)
ADORABLE Melissa! I can't wait to see him :)
ADORABLE Melissa! I can't wait to see him :)
These photos are wonderful!
Post a Comment