Oct 29, 2007

Oh dear, we're blogging...

Well, I thought I'd give it a shot. I spend a lot of time reading blogs of various friends and family members, so I figured "why not create one of my own?". I don't know how dedicated I'll be to this, but it seems a great way to keep the masses informed of our goings on, as boring as they may be.

As our "about me" section states, Ryan and I are both going to school and working. With our schedules as they are, we hardly see each other on week days (other than Monday nights when we meet in front of the TV for Heroes!!), so we treasure our weekends more now than ever. This past weekend was a fun one. We went to San Juan to visit a highschool friend of Ryan's and meet her new baby, Sam, who is just darling. After our visit, we explored the beautiful downtown San Juan Capistrano, we saw the mission, we walked through some cute little shops, and we visited the petting zoo (and saw pigs, my favorite). We wanted to go into the pumpkin patch, but it costs $0.25 to get in, and neither of us had any change. Anyway, I had a great time. Ryan assumed that he had brought me there before, but quickly realized that he had actually brought some OTHER girl there once. He does that a lot. I'm sure I'm missing out on a lot of neat dates because he thinks he's already taken me on them...

That evening, we got together with Ryan's cousin Desiree and her husband Brian. It had been a while since we'd seen them, so we were excited to spend some time with them. We went out to Wahoo's for dinner and then caught a late showing of "Dan In Real Life". I wasn't sure if I'd like it because I haven't been pleased with Steve Carrell's recent performances, but I LOVED it. It was a good movie and I totally recomend it. If you hate it though, don't blame me!! :l

Sunday night we went out to Grandma and Grandpa Brisco's for Ryan's birthday dinner. We finally found a Sunday that we were all available. It was so nice to visit with them, and as always, Grandma made a GREAT meal. She made lasagna and my FAVORITE winter salad with pears, craisins, cashews and a lemon poppyseed dressing. She makes different versions depending on what fruit is in season and what nuts she has on hand...every version is SO GOOD. We finished off with a Razzleberry pie from Marie Calendar's (it's a family favorite). I don't like fruit pie, so I just ate the crust, but I really enjoyed it!!

Anyway, that was our weekend, now we're back to another week of work and school...UGH! But at least we have Heroes to look forward to tonight!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you two had a wonderful weekend. Sounds perfect!
This is kinda boring. Had a puppy and he is teething really bad, almost weened. He stole a piece of my steak..... He liked it so much that I gave him hamburger(cooked)at his next feeding. He wouldnt touch it. I think I'm in trouble.Just watched a great movie myself called Eight Below.My Wife's son looks and sounds exactly like the star in Eight Below.
I will check out your movie it sounds good. Glad you did this and talk to you later. Royce and Vela

Tyler Owens said...

you have to go to your template and add an aspect to it called links or something like that. you find the addresses to your friends and copy paste them into your links attachement and name each link whatever you want. pretty basic. its easier than it sounds. enjoy!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Yay! I'm so happy you have a blog now! I can't wait to see what else you're up to!

Anonymous said...

Nice-we have a blog and so does BriAnna on our website www.jasnaubs.com
Glad to see you're enjoying life!

Abby said...

I am so excited that you guys are blogging!!! I will be making many a comment here I am sure!!!