Let's rewind...
Thanksgiving was great. We were at G&G Brisco's for dinner and had a blast. It was great to see my family and especially my niece. I could sit back and watch her attempts at crawling for hours...it looks like she's trying to swim rather than crawl. I can't wait to go up North in a month or so to check her progress.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, I did it. I told myself I would, but I didn't actually BELIEVE I would. I went shopping at 5:00am on Black Friday! I didn't set my alarm, but told myself that if I woke up naturally, I'd go. Well, I was up, so I headed out to Target and waited in line with all of the other crazy people in town. These people were all into it, they were actually mapping out the store and figuring out the best route. Before the store opened a guard came and warned us about running, pushing and fighting. It was funny, but I'm sure some people needed the reminder. When the store finally opened, people were high-fiving each other and wishing each other good luck. I felt like such an amateur, I wasn't excited, I had no game plan, I was just there for some $3 DVDs and anything else that caught my eye. Well, game plan or not, I left satisfied. I got some great deals, and though I can't say I'd do it again, I can say I'm glad I went.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan and I spent this past weekend in LA with his dad and brother. On Saturday we went to the Norton Simon Museum in Pasadena. It was a pretty big museum and we saw some really great pieces by Van Gogh, Monet, Picasso, Rembrandt and Degas. I haven't been to a good museum since I was a kid, so it was neat to see pieces that I've read or learned about in past art classes.
We also went up to the Griffeth Observatory. I've never seen such a great view of LA, it was beautiful. We watched the planetarium show which was pretty interesting. The only problem was that the chairs were so comfortable and the room was so dark, that many fell asleep (including Luke), so you had to try to ignore all the snoring that was going on around you.
We got home last night and were so ready to just relax for a few hours before bed. Instead, we were greeted by ants. Instead of relaxing, we spent the next hour killing and cleaning an army of ants. Most people think ants are pretty gross, but I detest them. I get so mad when I see them and I freak out and feel like they are crawling on me. As soon as we cleaned them up, I had to shower. And of course, as soon as I got out, they were coming back. It's been a constant battle, they keep coming in through the window, and the worst part is that they aren't going after anything!!! What a nightmare.
...and that's been our week. It's been fun. Now I just can't wait until Christmas!!
1 comment:
I hate ants too....we had them coming out of the sink in our old house....those little ant traps worked for us the ones were they go in and get the bait and then take it away. Yuck!!! Goodluck getting rid of them!
Post a Comment