Well, Ryan and I are going out of town for Christmas, so we won't be here to open the presents under our tree or to fill each other's stockings. Rather than drag all of that stuff with us, we decided to open it early. Last night, we sat down together and exchanged gifts...and opened the gifts from my parents.
Ryan called me on his way home and asked if it was OK that his gifts weren't wrapped. He apparently doesn't wrap well, and hasn't had the time to do it because he's never home while I'm not. So these are my beautifully "wrapped" gifts from him.
Rather than reaching in each bag to "open" my gift, Ryan had me close my eyes and put my hands out. He then placed each gift into my hand. He was so excited to give me my gifts, it was the cutest thing!!
Call me boring or traditional, but I chose to wrap Ryan's gifts... This one is some type of Star Wars thing to add to his collection. I also got him the book Son of a Witch.
So our first Christmas together isn't even close to being over (seeing as how it's not CHRISTMAS yet), but we really enjoyed exchanging gifts with each other as husband and wife for the first time :)
I look kind of like a goober because I started to laugh as Ryan took the picture, but this is Dylan. He is such a great guy!! We've been friends for 10 years, and he's been dating my best friend Megan for 8 years!!
We went to will call and picked up our tickets and found out that we had all access passes.
These passes allowed us to go anywhere in the Grove, including the dressing room and the STAGE...which is where we watched the show from!! That's right, instead of being down in the pit, where people were uncomfortably crammed, we were able to stand off to the side on the stage.

***
Later that night...
One of my best friends is a drummer. He's played for a lot of local LA bands, but is currently drumming for a popular band named Unwritten Law (ever heard of them?). They usually play in the LA area, but have recently returned from an east coast tour. Last night, they had a gig at the Anaheim Grove. Dylan called us and asked if we might be able to make it, he said he'd have us on "the list"!!!!
We totally had the best spot in the whole place!! It was a great show and an incredible experience! Thanks Dylan -- we love you!!!!
Oh, and Ryan got the set list signed by the whole band, he was ecstatic!!
2 comments:
I feel this is our first Christmas "together" even though it's not. You guys are so cute and the fun little things you do for each other. Have fun in San Diego for Christmas!!!
I love that Ryan doesn't wrap. Jeff is not so good at it and it has only gotten worse since he has Noah to help him. I love that robe it looks so nice and warm!!!
Post a Comment