Jan 16, 2008

The greatest creation...

I bought some new shoes tonight!

I love shoes but rarely buy them because I am VERY picky. I have actually been looking for a new pair of black pumps for months! I found them a few weeks ago, but didn't buy them because I felt guilty spending money on myself when I didn't actually NEED them (even though they were on sale for only $30). However, after two weeks of thinking about them and wondering if they might still be at the store, I decided to go back and make my purchase. Hooray for me, they were still there.

They are just as fabulous as I remember, but I need to learn to walk in them. I tend to wear flats or a shorter heel most, purely for comfort's sake, but my Grandma Brisco always taught me (as I whined about getting my hair done) "You have to suffer to be beautiful". These shoes are beautiful, so I'm gonna sacrifice comfort for 3 hours a week and look good doing it! It also seems like such a waste to wear flats all the time when my husband is an entire FOOT taller than me. I mean, many tall women CAN'T wear heels around their husbands, I owe it to tall women every where to do it :)

Once I found these great NineWest pumps, I should have made a beeline to the register and left. Instead, I made the mistake of browsing the shoe section a bit longer and came across a real gem! A pair of Kenneth Cole red leather flats on sale for $20...the LAST pair...in MY size! I pictured the outfits they would go with before I even tried them on, and once I saw them on, I couldn't resist. The were a tad bit uncomfortable on the heel, but I know JUST the solution for that, so I got them too!

I felt guilty buying TWO pairs of shoes without consulting Ryan, especially because I consult him about nearly every purchase, even small target purchases. But, I heard him say this week that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission. That's not a great motto to live by, but it was enough to get me to walk out the door with two pairs of shoes tonight. AND most of you women know, two great pairs of shoes for 50 bucks is a HECK of a deal!

Anyway, the whole point of this blog was to tell you about one of the greatest creations ever made. As I mentioned before, the red Kenneth Coles hurt my heels. Most women (myself included) have scars on their heels from giving shoes like these a first, second and third chance. They kill your feet, but they're too pretty to toss and NO WAY can you wear socks with them. Last summer, I found the greatest solution after some cute Steve Madden flats had given me blisters for the 10th time and my makeshift padding kept falling out. FOOT PETALS turned those flats into my most comfortable pair of shoes (besides Rainbows of course) and now, whenever I try on an uncomfortable pair, I know that I can get them and add some foot petals and they will be beautiful AND comfortable! Seriously, if you have shoes that hurt your feet (heels, toes, arch, etc.) get these! They have different colors and different cuts depending on where you put it in your shoe.

This was a long post just to get to that part, but this information COULD SAVE YOUR FEET! :)

P.S. Ryan forgave me ;)

5 comments:

Meg said...

Foot petals??? Does it help for aches or just for blisters??? You got me very interested because I was eyeballing the PERFECT heels but was too afraid because my feet always hurt. Let me know!!

Anonymous said...

I own Zero pairs of heels or anything like it. I'm so lazy. I live in my mary jane crocs. Maybe I need to put forth a little more effort for my husband. He'd probably forgive me for spending the money since it would mean I'm making an effort.

Ryan and Missy- said...

Sadly, they are just for blisters, they don't help with the ache you feel after wearing heels for a while. I know these ones will make my feet ache, but that's what a great foot massage is for, right?

Abby said...

I am going to have to try those foot petals....I am barely shorter than Jeff so I am usually in flats....Enjoy high heels for me!!! Oh where did you find these awesome deals...I love shoes!!!

Tiersha said...

Melissa you should go into journalism or something. I find pleasure reading your blogs and your imagination with the shoes and what outfits they would go with totally cracks me up (and we all do it)! I too am grateful for a tall man...I can wear any heel I want!!