Well, I've been replaced. Or perhaps I've just had to scoot over and share the love of my dear husband with another. I suppose in this situation, I don't mind that much...
This new love I'm speaking of actually comes in the form of a car. A very SMALL car to be exact. Yes, my husband, who is 6'9, has had quite the crush on the Mini Cooper for a while now. During his semester abroad, he lived across the street from the Mini manufacturer in Oxford, and since then, he's been hooked. He always assumed he would be too big for this car, so the feelings had never progressed past 'harmless crush'...UNTIL Saturday.
We were enjoying our day off at the swap meet, soaking up the sun and checking out all of the cool/strange stuff offered there, when suddenly we came across a Mini Cooper display. Two cars were set out for people to admire, inspect, and even sit in. Ryan decided to give it a shot, and to our dismay, he actually fit, and fit WELL. In fact, he had more room in that Mini Cooper than he does in his Toyota Camry.
We learned that if you go to the dealer for a test drive, you get free movie tickets. Who could turn that down?! Well, we went on our test drive, and Ryan's crush developed into a deep love as our part time car sales man, part time race car driver took us for a wild ride. By the time we got out, I realized Ryan wasn't just thinking about getting a Mini sometime in the future, he was thinking about trading his car in THEN AND THERE for one!! A little spur of the moment, huh?!
Turns out they were going to rip him off on his trade-in, so we said "NO DEAL". Actually, I said no deal. If I would have said "ok", Ryan would have gone for it, that's how blindly in love he is with this car! Silly boy.
So now he's looking to sell his car and get the Mini -- if he can get a great price for both the sell and the buy...we'll see how that all goes. I figure, if he's happy and we can afford it, then I'm ok with it.
I have to admit, it is a pretty slick little car.
2 comments:
I love the Mini's!! Jeff said that you can rent them at Enterprise....so if you need a present for Ryan a weekend with his two loves might be fun!!!
At least it's a car! I've been squished aside by a stupid computer game!!!! Ask Ryan what it was like to watch Chris Scott play James Bond on N64 and that is what my boyfriend is like with Counter Strike.
Post a Comment