Last night we were able to spend time with my family as we celebrated Grandpa Brisco's 81st birthday. I've always admired my grandpa. He's a hard worker, he raised a great family, he's so great to my grandma, and he's FUNNY. I love spending time with my grandparents because my grandpa always makes me laugh. He's one of the greatest men I know. Happy birthday Grandpa. I LOVE YOU!
***
Ryan and I did end up getting tickets to see Joshua Bell. The show was phenomenal, AND Ryan enjoyed it!! I knew he would. It's almost impossible NOT to. Bell is INCREDIBLY talented.
Side note about the Orange County Performing Arts Center: If you're buying tickets at the center on the night of a show, BRING CASH. We weren't aware that they only accepted cash as we pulled out our debit card to pay. Luckily, we had been chatting with a nice couple while waiting in line for 45 minutes. When we got up to pay and realized the "cash only" rule, they offered to cover our tickets. If they hadn't, we would have had to step out of the LONG line to go get cash and risk not getting tickets. They were very generous and trusting (they told us just to mail them a check). We decided that we'd rather take care of it that same night. Good thing there was an ATM in the parking structure. Ryan ran out and we were able to pay them back before the show started.
***
On Friday night we went to Scott & Melinda's for dinner and games. We played a card game called Canasta...anyone heard of it? Ryan and I hadn't. It was a lot of fun but we're no good at it, we lost by about 1,000 points. We also played bowling on the Wii. I was super excited because I thought I might be winning. Turns out I was actually in last place :(
***
Anyway, we had a really great weekend. We did all of the stuff I mentioned and even managed to get some spring-cleaning done. Now the house is clean, we're well rested, and we're ready for another busy week.
1 comment:
I knew Ryan would enjoy that show. He likes musicals and most kinds of music so he should not have a hard time enjoying some good violin music. Im glad that you had a good weekend!! : )
Post a Comment