
I don't get it. I just don't.
I understand that by posting this blog, I may make a few enemies (hopefully not really, I'm just trying to sound dramatic people!). Perhaps some in my own family. But I felt the need to express my DISsatisfaction with...SPRINKLES Cupcakes!!! (Enter shrieks of horror here)
Ok, so they're not horrible. But they're really nothing to write home about!
Today I received a text message from my coworker Melissa. She explained that I was missing out because someone was bringing Sprinkles cupcakes to the office and I wouldn't be around to enjoy them (I was at school). Being the chocolate lover that I am, I was understandably bummed and asked if she might set one aside for me. She agreed and for the rest of the day, all I could think about was that cupcake! During my last class, I took a test and was excited to get out early and come back to work to taste it. As I drove back, I wondered what flavor might be waiting for me. And once I returned to the office, I was excited to see the cute little chocolate cupcake sitting nicely on my desk.
As I looked at my chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting, I knew it would be rich. BUT, that's never stopped me before, so I sliced it into several pieces, so as not to make a mess, and took my first bite. Hmph. It was...OK. There was about an inch of frosting on the top and it was MUCH too sweet. The cake itself wasn't as moist as I had expected and honestly, tasted no better than Duncan Heinz or Pillsbury. I ended up throwing that 3 or 4 dollar cupcake (how much are those things?) in the trash because I thought I might get a headache from the sugar if I kept eating!
Now, I'm very rarely disappointed by chocolate. It's a wonderful part of my life :) BUT, I think that because this particular brand of cupcake has been so hyped up, I expected more, and when I tasted nothing more than an overpriced, mediocre cupcake, I WAS disappointed.
3 comments:
I have yet the try them..but if I do I think I will avoid the chocolate...from what I have heard the best ones are the rare flavors like red velvet and such but i don't know if I am such a fan of those either! Sorryn for the let down...that is good to know.
I feel the same way about KrispyKream donuts (i don't think i even spelled that right). Way too much hype, and I can't even finish one without feeling like I'm going to go into a diabetic coma.... and I'm not even diabetic.
That is such a bummer! There are few disappoints as great as anticipating good food and having it be mediocre. :(
Post a Comment