Well, we enjoyed our first Valentine's Day as a married couple! We had a great dinner and some yummy dessert. We also went and spent some time with Tiersha, which is always enjoyable.
Here is the door I "heart attacked" for Ryan this morning.
I decided that before I got home tonight, I'd run to the store to grab some strawberries and bananas to dip in a new chocolate fondue recipe I got from Desiree. I was SO dissappointed to see that Pavillions was sold out of Strawberries! My craving for strawberries was satisfied shortly after though. Ryan had surprised me with a bouquet of chocolate covered strawberries from Edible Arrangements. So good!
At my bridal shower (A YEAR AGO!!) my aunt Connie had organized some games and had these cute little Hershey's fondue pots as prizes. I had totally forgotten about mine until last week when I decided to make fondue. It was a great surprise to find that I didn't have to go buy a new fondue pot :) It turned out SO great, we both just loved it.
Here is Ryan enjoying an apple dipped in the Maple Pecan Chocolate fondue. I much preferred the bananas over the apples. We still have a lot of fondue left, so we'll have the chance to dip many other things until it's gone. I can't wait...any suggestions?
Ah, the night is almost over. Now we're just sitting back, relaxing (so nice after a LONG day). It's a bummer that we couldn't spend the whole day together, but I think we made the best of the few hours we had.
NEXT month, we get to celebrate our Anniversary and the month after that, we get to celebrate my birthday! February, March and April - 3 months of celebrating, I love it!
2 comments:
Lots of fruits are really good in the chocolate. I really like Pineapple in there. We also dipped some angel food cake and it was pretty good as well.
We did fondue too! I love love chocolate! We like to dip pretzels..marshmallows, and little cheesecake bites!! Besides the normal fruits.
Post a Comment