Mar 26, 2008

Things that freak me out...

So there are a few things in life that really cause me to pause and think twice.

GERMS


Ahhh! My biggest germ fears are wash clothes and sponges. I can use a fresh new sponge or a clean wash cloth, but I can't seem to use them after they've been used. I just imagine them SOAKED in germs and I hate to have to touch them. I prefer scrub brushes so I don't have to touch the "icky part". And if it starts to get "nasty" we just toss it in the dish washer.

Oh, and I freak out about germs after cooking with raw meat. I Lysol all the counters after dinner, even if the meat didn't even TOUCH the counters...I'm crazy!

SPOILED FOOD (especially milk)


It's kind of crazy that I'm so concerned about spoiled food, because I've never really eaten anything that has gone bad. The worst I've ever had is questionable milk. BUT, I am constantly smelling things and checking expiration dates and throwing things out because I think they MIGHT be bad. Ryan HATES this, he'll eat anything. He especially gets frustrated when I toss avocados that are all brown inside...apparently, they're still good. Who knew...

What are some things that freak you out?

4 comments:

Abby said...

I am the same way with food...but Jeff is worst than me. And I don't care for sponges either but if I have to use one I saw on some talk show that you can put it in the microwave for two minutes a little damp and it kills bacteria. Who knows if it is true or not. Clorox wipes are my best friend!!!

Annica said...

I am afraid of little dogs, you know, the ones that have the Napoleon Complex and have to bark at you and run after you. I'm also afraid of bees. If a bee is in the room, I can't concentrate until it is gone. If it comes near me, I start screaming and start waving my hands. So yeah...

Meg said...

Dirty bathrooms and kitchens!!! Sick! It's not hard to clean up once you start, and then it's sanitary again!!! Just wipe down a little every night and it's that much easier at the end of the week! Eeeeeewwwww.... I hate going to people's houses and using dirty hairy bathrooms (I'll hold it if I have to)

Tiersha said...

I freak out at milk sitting out. Open the fridge, pour the milk, and put it back! Don't let it sit out any longer than it needs too. Going over to people's houses that leave it out the whole meal...eck! I have to drink something else.