Some of you may have heard that I was planning on changing my major. As I get deeper into the Comm. Disorders major, I realized more and more that it might not be what I want to do. And, it's HARD (too much science), so I figured, why stick with it if I don't even enjoy it? I was going to switch to linguistics, which is the study of language. Much more interesting to me...I was actually pretty excited about making the change. As I looked at my schedule of classes, it seemed that I wouldn't be any further behind if I made the switch now. SWEET!
Turns out, I was wrong. I have been following a list of required classes for Comm. Disorders that I got on the school website. Well, guess what, it's outdated. I'm actually further along than I thought. 9 more classes! If I switch, I have like 15 more classes!!! I think I'll stay with my 9, even if I don't enjoy them. I just want to finish.
The one bummer...I wasn't planning on taking summer school if I switched to Linguistics because we're going to Canada for a week and I would miss too much (a week of summer school is like 2-3 weeks of a regular semester). BUT, now that I'm not switching, one of my required classes is available for summer online, so being away won't interfere. There goes my "relaxing summer" of work only...
Oh well...gotta power through, right?
1 comment:
9 more classes and then you're done?! NICE!
Well, so, even if you don't like your major anymore at least you will be graduated (soon enough). And then you can get a job in something else or you could even get a Masters in something COMPLETELY different. The options are endless.
Post a Comment