
I read it yesterday. The whole thing. Start to finish. Nearly 500 pages. I know, it's been all the rage for like...the past YEAR...but I'm slow to give in to the new "thing". It took me a few years to give Harry Potter a chance too. But, I was at my parents with nothing to do on a Monday and my sister had it, so I gave it a shot. I was immediately enthralled. I only stopped for bathroom breaks, lunch, and dinner.
I've honestly never been so immersed in a book. I almost felt like I was THERE, experiencing the whole thing. I've never experienced anything like it while reading. Usually, I'm very easily distracted...but not with this one.
I've gone all day thinking about Bella and Edward and I'm DYING to know what happens next (thanks to the preview of Chp. 1 for the next book) So, the minute I get off work tonight, I'm going to Target to get the next book.
I'm hooked...good thing the fourth book just came out, now I can power through them all without waiting for it. Though...I heard it wasn't good...we'll see.
If you're like me and haven't read this yet, give it a shot.
4 comments:
I am so glad that you finally caught on....they are so wonderful....I absolutely love these books and I am so not a reader...enjoy the next three!!
I read the first three really quickly...within a week. I had to wait eight months for the fourth and now I don't want to start it because I know that I won't put it down until it is finished. I am waiting until I know I have that time. Tell Ryan that Dan understands what it is like to have a non-existent wife for a while when powering through these books. You should read The Host too. Stephenie Meyer is a great story teller!
My sister was trying to get me into it for a long time. I read the first one in a night, after my gallbladder surgery. I was hooked but I'm not a spaz about it like my sister. I just finished breaking dawn. Some hate it and some love it. I think it's an interesting story. The first part of book two moves a little slowly but then it really takes off. Glad you are enjoying them
NOO Not you too!! I am casting judgement as I write this...
Post a Comment