I've recently discovered allrecipes.com and I just LOVE it. Though the first recipe I tried was a calzone that left me unimpressed, the idea of the website just seems so great that I must keep using it.
This site has thousands of recipes posted and great searching tools. Nearly every recipe is rated and some have thousands of ratings. I was looking for a chocolate chip cookie recipe tonight and found one that had almost 3,000 reviews. The best part is, many of the reviewers tell how they've altered the recipe to make it healthier, tastier, easier, etc. AND, they have a servings converter. If the recipe is for 24 cookies, but you want to make 36, you just type in 36 and it readjusts your measurements so there is no conversion confusion. You can also keep a digital 'recipe box', which is common on some other recipe sites I've seen, but it's always handy.
I'm baking some chocolate chip cookies right now and they smell delicious. The batter was tasty too.
... just checked them and I think I made them too big, they've spread into each other...good to know for my next batch.
Anyway, if you're like me and like to find new recipes without scouring your cookbooks, you should check this site out.
3 comments:
Do you guys have Grandma Stringams cookie recipe? Now those are great cookies!
That seriously is the greatest website. My sister showed me it over the summer. I love it.
Post a Comment