Oct 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan!

I wanted to do something special for Ryan's 25th birthday, so I threw together a small surprise party. Luckily, some of his closest friends were available. Drew even came by, less than 24 hours after returning from his honeymoon.


I was working on a budget, so I used what I had around the house. See that sign in the background? Yeah. I made it. I also made a red velvet cake, which turned out pretty good.

For his birthday, I got Ryan that jersey that he's wearing. That's not just any Angel's jersey, it's a Nolan Ryan throwback jersey...which Ryan has been talking about getting ever since I've known him. I was so glad I remembered that he wanted it, it was a hit. I also got him a Jack Skellington canvas print. He has one in the same style, so this one will go well with it.

Anyway, that was our little celebration. I think he was pretty surprised, even though we didn't shout "surprise". He expected to just come home to me, like any other night. Instead, he came home to friends, cake, presents, etc.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Ryan!

Tiersha said...

You are just the cutest wife ever. I am sure you made his day. Sounds like fun!

Booya Grandma said...

The jersey is an amazing gift. Well done.

The George's said...

Hey I was there too! :-)

Lisa said...

You make such a cute couple! What a good wife listening and getting something he has alway wanted.