Oct 6, 2008

Quirky tag

Ryan's cousin Michelle tagged me for this "quirky tag", so here it goes:

The rules: Tell about 6 quirks of yours. Tag a few of your fellow bloggers to do the same.

Quirk 1: I have really weird eating habits with certain foods, mostly candy. With a twix, I eat the caramel off the top first, then nibble the chocolate off of the sides, then finish with the best part, the cookie. With Kit Kats and Reeses cups, I eat the chocolate off first and then eat the krisp or peanut butter. I used to even eat off the candy coating of PB m&m's and save all the peanut butter centers for last.

When I used to eat Lucky Charms, I would eat the cereal part first, leaving all the marshmallows for last.

With my sandwiches, I eat the crust first, then the middle of the sandwich.

I think the theme here is that I enjoy saving the best for last.

Quirk 2: I have food fears. I HATE to touch raw meat. Whenever I buy beef, Ryan is in charge of separating it for the freezer. Since being married, I've had to handle raw meat a lot more, and somehow, it's caused me to lose my taste for meat, especially chicken. Sometimes I'll be eating and just have to stop half way through because I get grossed out.

I also have a fear of drinking spoiled milk. I always check the expiration date and smell it if it seems like we've had it for a while. I also have to blow on the rim of the milk jug before I pour it so that none of the little dried milk that gathers on the lid will fall into my cereal or glass.

Quirk 3: I fold my ears. I've done this ever since I was little. I used to suck my thumb and then fold my ear with the other hand. I guess it was a comfort thing. I've since stopped sucking my thumb, but the ear folding stuck, only now, I just do it when my ears are cold. I have tiny ears and the cartilage is very soft, so I can scrunch them down easily and it doesn't hurt at all. When they're cold, I can't help but fold them until they're warmer. I've just started realizing that it might look weird when I'm doing it in public places, like class, but I can't stop.

I also pinch my nose when it's cold. It looks like I'm plugging it to avoid a bad smell, but I'm just warming it.

Quirk 4: I'm nearly always cold. Maybe I have poor circulation, but even when others are comfortable, I tend to be cold. It causes fights in the office, since ONE lady in particular likes to keep the thermostat at 69 degrees. It also causes arguments in the car between me and Ryan because he's almost never cold.

Sometimes in the winter, no matter how many layers I put on, I just can't warm up. The only thing that will work is a hot bath. Our water bill goes way up in the winter.

Quirk 5: I will go out of my way to step on crunchy leaves. I am willing to bet I'm not alone here. But if I'm outside walking and I see a particularly dry pile of leaves, I just HAVE to walk over and step on it. The crunching makes me happy.

Quirk 6: I have this weird obsession with plucking stray hairs. Not so much on me (other than my eyebrows), but on Ryan (poor guy). When I see one random long hair on his back or chest, I have to pull it. He hates it, but he (almost) always lets me to it.

I had a hard time at the end coming up with quirks. I'll bet if you asked Ryan he'd come up with so many more interesting ones, but to me, it's all pretty normal :). I hope none of this changes your opinion of me, I'm not weird. Really.

I can't remember who's done this already, but I'll tag Abby, Aubri (I know of a particular styrofoam one that the masses might be interested to hear about), Christa...and EVERYONE else!

1 comment:

Annica said...

I pluck Josh's stray hairs ALL the time. But he doesn't mind. He hates stray hairs just as much as I do!