So Abby did this tag and I couldn't resist. It just got me all excited for Christmas, Christmas music, Christmas lights, etc. I'm a big fan of Thanksgiving, so I'm not forgetting about that holiday, but I am anxiously waiting for Christmas too.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I love wrapping a perfectly square or rectangular item (except cds). Something about the tight corners makes me happy. But I'll usually bag anything that looks like it might be challenging
2. Real tree or Artificial?
My mom was always allergic, so I grew up with an artificial tree. I can appreciate them for the cleanliness and $ savings, but I would like to try a real tree sometime, just for the smell. Last year, we got a real tree, but it was 2 feet tall and didn't smell like Christmas at all.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Sometime after New Years, I suppose.
5. Do you like egg nog?
Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I really liked my salon Cabbage Patch Kid. She came with a fake curling iron and had this nasty wirey hair that actually held a curl. I LOVED it. I also loved anything Barbie.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
I think so. We've only had one Christmas together so far, so our decoration collection is very limited, but I believe there is a tiny nativity scene in the box.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Ryan! When we want something, we usually just go get it as opposed to waiting for Christmas or birthdays, so it's really hard to buy for each other and come up with lists for others.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Our families. They send lists.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. We haven't mailed any yet, we missed last year and might even miss this year. We just don't have the time to get it all put together, what with school and work not getting out until the week OF Christmas. BUT, I LOVE getting Christmas cards in the mail and hanging them around the house. You can't do that with an email.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I'm not just trying to spare anyone's feelings here, I really can't remember. I do remember I always wanted a pottery wheel though, and I never got it :(
12 . Favorite Christmas movie?
HOME ALONE!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Every year I try to get it done early, "I'll start after Halloween" I say...but I usually end up waiting until a few weeks before Christmas. I'm a procrastinator.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I can't think of any.
15. Any Christmas traditions?
With my parents, we always opened one gift on Christmas Eve. BUT, mom got to pick it out, so it was usually pajamas.
16 . Clear lights or colored on the tree?
I prefer clear. Maybe just because that's what I grew up with. I also prefer clear on the house.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I have to agree with Abby - O Holy Night
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Growing up, we usually just stayed home. It was a rare treat to be able to come down to Southern CA to enjoy Christmas with the entire family. For Ryan and I, it will always depend on whose Christmas it is. Neilson or Brisco...This year, we're staying local.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer,Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolf
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We don't have either...but I like the star.
21 . Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning...gotta have something to look forward to.
22. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner?
Turkey, potatoes, and good homemade rolls. I think we usually had ham, but I'm not a huge fan of the stuff.
I tag...anyone who's excited for Christmas...
2 comments:
Josh and I have started a tradition of driving to the woods and cutting down our Christmas tree. We only did it...last year but we will do it again! We had a lot of fun and enjoyed a real tree. I grew up with a fake tree but I think I like the real trees more.
Let me guess...when it came to the reindeer question you sang the song? lol
Post a Comment