As mentioned before, Ryan and I were in Northern CA for Thanksgiving. We left yesterday at about 1:30. Now, normally, this drive takes about 6 hours...I've made it in five, but I've also made it in ten. It really just depends on the day.
Well I didn't get home until TODAY, at about 11:00 in the morning...over 20 hours after we left!!! Ok, ok, we weren't DRIVING that entire time. But, while we were driving, we were miserable. We hit traffic immediately. Slow, stop for 3 minutes, drive two feet and stop for three more minutes, kind of traffic. People were turning their cars around on the freeway, people were pulling over to sleep it out on the side of the freeway, we considered both, BUT we kept going.
Anyway, after 9 hours of driving, we had only reached the Grapevine. We still had a few more hours before reaching home so Ryan suggested we stop at his parent's house to sleep. Thank goodness, I think we were both going crazy!! So after a great night's sleep, we grabbed a bagel and finally headed home. Well, actually, Ryan went to work. I took the day off to unpack and settle back in.
No comments:
Post a Comment