Dec 1, 2008

While up north, Ryan and I (along with my brother and sister) visited Muir Woods. I remember visiting the redwoods a few times on field trips in grade school, and I always loved it. As we tried to make inexpensive plans for Saturday, my dad suggested Muir Woods. I'm sure glad he did, we had a ton of fun. The redwoods are HUGE!! And, even though we couldn't go off the pathway to explore on our own, it was still really neat to see.

One of the coolest things we saw was a plant COVERED in ladybugs...I'm talking hundreds, piled on top of each other... They were eating aphid larvae and while they do this, they are almost in a sedated state. They walk around and eat, but I didn't see ONE fly away. The sign explained why, but I can't remember...

I have lots of fun pictures, but I'm gonna see if I can figure out how to make a collage, since blogger won't let me upload more than 2 at a time, and I don't quite have the patience for that.

No comments: