Mar 31, 2009

We're BAAAACK...

Did you even know we were gone? Probably not.
Well, in honor of Spring break Ryan and I decided to take a little trip. One of the cheaper options available to us was Las Vegas. After a little research, I was able to book a room at the Bellagio (for a very reasonable price, seeing as how we were going for a Sunday and Monday night).
We headed out there on Sunday morning and of course HAD to stop at the Barstow outlets which were a BIG disappointment. Ryan said it used to be a happening place, but many of the stores were empty and the CRAZY windstorm made shopping rather difficult. I seriously couldn't walk in a straight line, I felt like the wind was blowing me around like a rag doll! And, since we were essentially in the desert, Ryan and I had a nice coating of dirt/sand on our faces and in our hair. It was lovely :)
Anyway, we got back on the road and headed to the hotel. Once checked in and settled, we had to go down to the conservatory and check out the beautiful flowers.

After the conservatory, we walked up to MGM Grand to see the Lions. There ended up only being one, and he was sleeping :( Not as exciting as we'd hoped. We ate dinner and turned in early. Ryan commented on how exciting we were because we were in bed watching TV by 9:30 in Las Vegas. Most people's nights don't even START until after 9:00 in Vegas.


Here you can see some pictures of our room and the view from our room, we asked for a view of the fountain. We could definitely see the fountain, but not as well as we'd hoped. Mostly, our view was taken over by the top floor of the parking garage, which I zoomed past, so as not to ugly up the picture. Also in this collage, you can see Bumblebee, the Transformer. Ryan is super into that movie and was happy to see the huge display. AND, see the drippy picture? Yeah, that's a HUGE chocolate fountain that was in our hotel. AMAZING.

On Monday, Ryan and I slept in...bliss! Then we walked around the shops and saw what there was to see until Ryan's tee time at 2:30. He golfed until about 7:00 so I had plenty of time for a nap and some shopping. I REALLY REALLY wanted to lay out by the pool while he was gone(the whole reason I was so excited for this trip was to come back with a little bit of a tan), but it was only about 70 degrees and that's just too cold for me to lay out.



After Ryan got back from golf, we headed off to dinner and then sat outside the fountain and watched a few water shows. I've seen the fountain several times before, but it never ceases to amaze me. It really is incredible. Before bed, we HAD to stop and get crepes at the crepe shop in the hotel. SO yummy!

Today we headed home, and (hooray!) stopped at the outlets on the Nevada border. Those ones are great.

It was a short trip, but it was relaxing and that's what we needed. Now back to the grind.

My review of the hotel: It really was incredible. It's just a beautiful hotel, inside and out. I loved the large tub and got plenty of use out of it. The room suited us just fine and was very clean. The only real disappointment was that the Internet was down the entire time we were there. I SHOULD have spent some time researching a paper that's due next week, but I couldn't do much without the Internet. We would DEFINITELY stay at the Bellagio again (as long as we could find another great deal).

If you made it this far, I applaud you...I got bored re-reading this post. BUT, I gotta document this stuff.








Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Allison said...

Thanks for the update :) sounds like you two had lots of FUN!!

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time! It's always nice to get-away (although I can't help but cringe a bit about your destination --I just don't like Vegas. *shudder. But that's okay!) :)

Annica said...

I always look at peoples pictures and then read the last paragraph...I kind of felt bad I didn't read the whole thing! lol. I love the fountains at the Bellagio too! We are headed out there sometime this summer.

Karilyn Carreon said...

That soundsa like a very relaxing trip! too bad the lion was sleeping... thats probably what gave you guys the idea to hit the sheets early!

Tiersha said...

I had no idea you guys went out there. I am glad you had fun!!