Apr 2, 2009

Easter egg project & a great recipe blog

I HAVE to send you guys to my cousin Alyssa's blog to check out this awesome Easter Egg Project made with silk ties.

http://thegriffethfamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/egg-dying-with-silk-ties.html

What a cool idea! Less mess and really great looking eggs.

----

Oh, and while I'm linking you to her blog, I should mention her food blog, Cooking A' La Mode. She has compiled a huge list of recipes and they're really well organized. Her recipe archive lists different recipe types, you can click one and find all of her recipes for breakfasts, desserts, indian food, etc. There is a great assortment of recipes and I'm sure you'll find several that you love.

So far I've tried the Vanilla Pudding Cinnamon Rolls (AMAZING!!) and the Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies (SO chewy!). I've also bookmarked several other recipes to try. So go check it out...

http://cookingalamode.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Christa Jeanne said...

Ooooh - thanks for the tips! I checked out both blogs and can't wait to try the egg trick as well as some of Alyssa's recipes. Yum!

Cheryl said...

Love the egg idea! I HATE dying eggs with my kids because of the mess...this is something I think we could all do and really enjoy...Thank you so much for the tip! And now I'll have to check out her cooking blog...

Alyssa Griffeth said...

Thanks for the great compliments! I love hearing when people actually try my recipes and LIKE them because sometimes I get nervous that my tastes are different from other people's tastes. :)

Can you teach me how to have the discipline to keep cookie dough in my fridge all week and not snack on it?!?!