Today Orange County, and I'm sure many other communities, are mourning the loss of one of our Angels. You know, the baseball team...
You can read the tragic story here: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4055343
It's just unbelievably sad. The drunk driver who hit them had already been arrested 3 times for alcohol related events. Twice for public drunkenness and once for a DUI. He was driving on a suspended licence (from the first DUI). AND, he's only 22. What a winner of a guy!
The girl who died goes to my school. The one guy who survived, but is still in the hospital USED to go to my school. It's all just hit pretty close to home and it makes me VERY angry. The drunk driver (of course) survived without much injury. He survived enough to flee the scene. So he could be charged with hit and run, vehicular manslaughter, murder, and felony DUI. I hope this jerk goes to prison for the rest of his life.
When he was arrested for his last DUI, he wrote this statement: "I understand that if I continue to drink and drive it may result in death or serious bodily injury to another person."
Clearly he DIDN'T understand that. Or maybe he just didn't care.
1 comment:
That's horrible. I love how drunk drivers never die. Notice that? It's always the innocent.
Post a Comment