May 18, 2009

Coming up...

Whew! This has been a crazy month. The semester is winding down. I just finished my last two projects over the weekend and now all I have to worry about are my 4 finals this week. I'm not terribly worried, but there's one in particular that I know will be really hard.

I'm so excited to finish this last week. It can't go by fast enough. There are several things I'm looking forward to once it's done.

1. My family comes down on Saturday. I get to meet my newest niece Alice, and see my 2 year old niece, Sierra (SOOOO EXCITED!). We'll also be celebrate my little sister's 18th birthday.


2. Sunday, I graduate. Afterwards we'll have a little luncheon with the family. It'll be good to see everyone and celebrate the end of a LONG LONG journey.
3. Monday is Memorial day. I think it will be a nice relaxing day up in LA.

4. On Thursday, May 28th, Ryan and I are going to Cancun (well, I think the city is called Riviera Maya, but it's near Cancun). Brian and Desiree had this trip planned and told us about it just as we were trying to plan some kind of a trip. It just sounded too good to pass up. We're staying at this amazing all-inclusive resort, so our flight, hotel, food, and some entertainment is all included and it was a pretty good deal.

We're staying in a complex of 5 resorts. So we stay at one, but can eat or hang out at any of the 5 in the complex. They all have different restaurants and we'll be there for nearly 5 whole days, so it will be great to have a variety. The thing I'm most excited about is laying out by the pool and ordering drinks or snacks and not having to pay a dime for them :) It even says on the website that we shouldn't tip because tips are included in our cost, so all we'll have to pay for out there are any excursions we plan and any souvenirs we buy.

Here's an aerial shot of part of our resort complex. Paradise, right?

So between graduating, meeting my newest niece (and seeing my not so new, but equally cute other niece), and going on our trip, I'm just not sure WHAT I'm most excited about. They are all going to be amazing. And they're all happening in the next two weeks.

I wish I could just push fast-forward on my life and get to Saturday already. Let the fun and celebrating begin!

4 comments:

Greg and Diana said...

Wow, that resort looks so relaxing and peaceful!! Enjoy your trip and your time with your family.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Congratulations! I am so jealous!

Tiersha said...

I am so jealous! I need to get married so I can start joining you guys!

Emily said...

Congrats on graduating! Have fun with your nieces and have a fantastic time in Mexico. I know you'll love it. And, of course, take lots of pictures! And then share! (Of all of it)