This morning, we met up with Brian and Desiree at 8:30 for the breakfast buffet. It was delicious. They had an omelet bar, a crepe bar, and a smoothie bar, as well as a vast selection of pastries, fruits and other breakfast foods.
After breakfast, we headed to the travel agency where you book your excursions. This took longer than expected (about 2 hours), as we had many questions and much negotiating to do. Ryan and I decided to spend one day at Xel-Ha, which is an ecological park that I’ll go into more later, and another day at Chichen-Itza. Brian and Desiree did both of these excursions last year when they were here and highly recommended them. We wanted to plan a third excursion to go on with them, so we booked a snorkeling trip…but Ryan hasn’t gone to pay for it yet, so I don’t know if it will still be available by the time he gets around to it.
Once the excursions were finally planned, we headed to the beach. It’s a 2 minute walk from our room, through the resort to the water, so it’s nice and close. We swam in the ocean and even were greeted by a few sea turtles, one got REALLY close. After a few hours in the ocean, we headed to the pool where you could swim up to the bar and order any drink you want (for free). My drink of choice was the Pina Colada. After the pool we went to another lunch buffet and sat out in the patio, which overlooked the water.
Next we did some tide pooling and then headed back to the pool to lounge in the hammocks. We came back to our room at about 4 to get ready for our dinner reservation. While getting ready, we were able to assess the damage imposed on us by the sun. We both got badly sun burnt on our shoulders and faces, despite being slathered in SPF 50. I guess we’ll have to reapply a little more often.
Our resort has 3 restaurants that require reservations and have a nicer dress code. We made reservations at all three and on the first night we ate at the Caribbean restaurant. I got a filet and it was delicious. For the most part, none of the food here interested me. That was the only thing I saw that I would have eaten…other than dessert.
After dinner, we went to a show put on by the hotel, it was…interesting to say the least. It was called Fantasia…but pronounced as Fanta-SIA. It was a performance of many of the popular Disney songs. The performers sung with THICK Spanish accents and wore awful outfits. The entire show was VERY cheesy, but we thought it was so funny that we couldn’t bare to leave early. At the very end, the performers came out into the crowd and pulled people up to dance. Ryan and Desiree got chosen and I had never wished for my camera more than I did at that moment. It was great.
After the show we came home to go to bed. We had an early day ahead of us.
· Iguana sightings: 5
· Pina Colada count: 4

2 comments:
That picture of you and Ryan before dinner is great! I love the glow of the sunlight and you two even kinda match. :)
JUST WONDERING WERE THOSE VIRGIN DRINKS YOU NEVER DID SAY!
Post a Comment