Jun 3, 2009

Cancun day 3 – May 30, 2009 - Xel Ha

Cancun day 3 – May 30, 2009

We woke up early on this day to go to an ecological park called Xel-Ha.

We snorkeled all day. Saw some incredible fish; including 2 foot long Tuna in groups of like 50…those were AMAZING. We saw some sting rays and many other schools of fish and sea creatures. Ryan jumped off of a cliff into the water, but I was too scared. That’s just not my thing. We also both got to hold a big beautiful parrot and I got to hold a toucan. I just wish they would have let us take pictures…they took a picture and had it available for $12, which wasn’t really worth it to us.

That night we came back to the resort and met up with Brian and Desiree for our dinner reservation at a place called Rodizzio. It was a Brazilian restaurant and we were served 7 different kinds of meat. I’m not a huge meat fan, so I stopped taking samples at the 4th round. Everyone else kept eating and tried all 7. They said they were all really delicious.

After dinner, we all just hung out in B&D’s room and watched King Kong until it was time for bed.
· Iguana sightings: Too many to count…maybe 100?
· Pina Colada count: only 1, but also a Miami Vice (half Pina, half daiquiri), which would be my new drink of choice.

***Something I just don’t want to forget, but is hard to explain: “My friends, the bus is still hot”.


No comments: