Today we went to Chichen-Itza. Our tour bus came to get us this time J. It was about a 2 hour drive from our resort, but we were in a comfortable van and were able to lay back and relax on the way. I was kind of dreading this trip because I had heard that it gets miserably hot out there and there’s not much shade or wind, so you just bake. Ryan (and others) thought it was really important that I see Chichen-Itza though, so I went. On our honeymoon 2 years ago, I saw my first two Mayan Ruins, Dzibanche and Cocoliche. They were really cool, but size wise, paled in comparison to Chichn-Itza, which was HUGE!
We only had 2 other people in our tour group, which was great, and our tour guide was a pretty fun guy. The tour itself only took a few hours, then we were able to go eat and then wander off on our own for pictures. I was amazed at how many vendors were posted in the area selling souvenirs. It was really kind of obnoxious having all of them yell to me “Lady, diez pesos, one dolla…practically free”. BUT, eventually we looked at a few stands and realized that these guys really had the best deals we had seen. We ended up getting 2 wooden masks and a wooden carved turtle. We were very happy with what we chose.
After our long bus ride back to the hotel, we met up with B&D to swim and then headed to dinner at the buffet. This was our last full day, so after dinner we laid out in the hammocks chatting and listening to the crashing waves until just past midnight.
1 comment:
That sucks that your not allowed to hike up the ruins anymore. I'm glad you liked Chichen-Itza though... you know it is one of the 7 wonders!
Post a Comment