Today we had to check out L. We had one last breakfast at the buffet and then swam for an hour or so. We got a lot of fun shots in the pool with my underwater camera pouch. Then it was time to pack up and check out by 12.
Our flight was scheduled to depart at 5:30, so we decided to have the shuttle get us at about 1:30, getting us to the airport at about 3. After checkout, we only had an hour and a half left at the resort so we rushed to the shops and then ate the fastest lunch we could so we could make it to the shuttle on time. Sadly, when we got to the airport, we realized our flight had been delayed by two hours. We ended up sitting and waiting until about 8:00. It was SUCH a bummer because if we had checked our email, we would have seen the delay and gotten a few more hours in paradise.
The flight was uneventful and we got into LAX at about 11:45. After going through customs, getting the car and stopping at Del Taco (we were STARVING), we finally got home around 2am. We were greeted by a thunder and lightning storm, but no rain. It seemed to last into the late morning.
Ryan and I were so sad to leave Mexico, but happy to be home to sleep in our own bed. As we walked to our condo, weighed down by luggage, we saw 4 raccoons hanging out on the roof above our stairway. We couldn’t just walk up because they were looking right at us and we were encroaching upon their space, so they might attack. I was SO frustrated because I JUST wanted to get up into my bed and these stupid animals were in my way. Ryan tried to scare them away but they wouldn’t budge, so he slowly walked up the steps and opened the door so I could run up and get inside. I put “call animal services” on my mental to do list after that little situation. Once inside, we went straight to bed.
We’re so sad to be home, but I’ve already noticed a few good things about being home:
1. No more mosquito (or some kind of insect) bites…I thing I got about 8, and one on my knee looks particularly bad, like maybe it was a sting or something…it’s swollen and a little oozy (gross, I know)
2. No more bathing in SPF each morning before getting dressed.
All in all, it was a WONDERFUL trip. Five days in paradise. Coming back to the reality of life kind of stinks.

3 comments:
great pictures!!
you look like a little red lobster!
What a GREAT trip! It makes me want to go to Cancun!! I've only been to Cabo.
You look tan and blonde and wonderful...Ahh, I love summer.
Also, I WANT that pool that has all of the lounge chairs in it. HOW COOL!!
Post a Comment