Jul 12, 2009

random

Since I'm sick of looking at my rear end every time I click on to my blog, I thought I'd update with some random stuff from the past week...
I was really excited to take fireworks pictures with my camera, I've seen some AMAZING ones taken from my same camera. Clearly, it didn't turn out so well. First, the firworks were too far away to get a good detailed shot. Second, it's suggested that you use a tripod. I didn't have one and since the aperature is open for so long for night photos, all the city lights went crazy on the camera. I THINK that's how I got this crazy Jackson Pollack inspired photo.

It looks pretty cool, but it's nowhere CLOSE to what I was going for.

Ryan and I have wanted some chairs for our patio for the last year (our condo doesn't cool down at night. It's often 10 or more degrees cooler outside in the evenings while we're still sweating inside, but we don't sit outside because we don't have anywhere to sit), but they're always SO expensive. I was lucky enough to pass the outdoor section at Target last week and see that everything was 75% off. These chairs were originally $119 each and the ottomans were $60 each. We got the chairs for $29 and the ottomans for $14. Hooray for great deals!!! They are kind of way too big for our patio, but hopefully we won't be here for too much longer.

Christina came over this week and the two of us went on a "Sprinkles date". You know...the cupcakes? We go out there every so often and our routine is this: we each get a new flavor that neither of us have tried, we also each get a red velvet cake. We sit outside and catch up while splitting our new flavor (this week we tried cinnamon sugar and chai). Then we go back to my house, watch tv, eat dinner, and eat our red velvet cake (with milk) later in the evening. It's the same every time and we love it. I so look forward to these 'dates', but for the sake of our hips, we don't do it all that often.



While Christina and I hang out...and pretty much any other time in my life (kidding), this is what Ryan does. He sits at the computer playing World of Warcraft. He's super cool....

and I LOVE him!!!

No comments: