Sep 13, 2009

Neilson Reunion

This weekend we travelled up to Las Vegas for a Neilson Family reunion. The actual reunion took place in Moapa, NV, but we stayed in Las Vegas.

Moapa seemed to be in the middle of NOWHERE and I couldn't even believe that people lived there. It must get up to 110 or hotter regularly...not my kind of weather. The reunion was held at one of our church's recreation sites that had a HUGE 9ft deep pool with rock formations to jump from, a play area for the kiddies, and a large picnic site for groups. There were over 100 of us at the reunion and it was fun to get together with the cousins to swim and play around.

After the reunion, we headed back toward Vegas to check into our hotel. A bunch of us were all staying at the same hotel, so that made it fun. We cleaned up and headed out to the strip for the night. We didn't get to bed until about 2am and had to wake up around 9. Sure, that's 7 hours of sleep, but I could have gone for 3 or 4 more hours, easily. I was VERY tired. We met up with the family in the lobby for the complimentary breakfast (pancakes, french toast, bacon, eggs, sausage, pastries, etc.) before hitting the road.

On the way back home, we managed to catch up with Jim and Janice and their family and they asked us if we wanted to stop at Calico Ghost Town with them. We decided to go and check it out. This is the only time I took my camera out all weekend :(

It was H-O-T...but the town was pretty cool...




Ryan and I take a quick picture before getting all sweaty...
Josh and Issac strike a pose...


View of the railroad that led into some of the mines...


A house made out of different colored bottles...

After Calico, we stopped in Barstow at Bob's Big Boy for lunch and then got back on the road. We got back to LA at about 5:30, picked up the puppy from Megan's, and headed home. We had a fun weekend, but it was exhausting and I definitely don't feel like going to work tomorrow. I need a day to recover :) Luckily it's just a 4 day work week for me. I'm flying up to Sacramento on Thursday to babysit my nieces for the weekend...I CAN'T WAIT.

No comments: