Sep 13, 2009

puppy play date

Last Friday night, Ryan and I took the pup to meet up with my coworker, Melissa, and her Golden Retriever, Joey for a little puppy play date.


Walle loved to chase Joey around, but he had a hard time keeping up with him.

Joey put up with Walle's bullying ways. Even though he's little, he's a feisty little one and can give some of the bigger dogs a run for their money.
Eventually Joey got sick of getting his legs nipped at, so he showed Walle that he could pick him up with his TEETH if he wanted to :) They were friendly the whole time, but they're play fighting looked a little scary sometimes...(no dogs were hurt in the recording of this play date:)
Two or three other dogs came over to the park to play while we were there...all were bigger than Walle, but he had no issues going up and messing with them. He has NO fear.
It was a lot of fun to see him playing with other dogs. He has a lot more energy than some of these older dogs, so when they're done we have to pull him away to keep him from going back in for more. When we do this, I can just hear him talking like a boxer or something "Let me back in coach, let me back in!!"
---
We had our first night away from him this weekend too. We had a family reunion to go to, so we left him with my friend Megan, who was SO excited to puppy-sit. She took him out and ran him around with other dogs and a cat too. So he's been VERY social lately.
---
Walle chews on things, but until last week, he had yet to RUIN anything. Unfortunately the first thing that he actually chewed up and ruined had to be my laptop charger :( I was SO upset because I NEVER leave it out, but this one time I did, he got to it. So once my computer died, I was without it until I could get another charger. Today I finally got to Best Buy and got a new one and it set me back $80. DANG DOG! But it's good to have my laptop back up and running and now I know not to leave cords hanging around even for a few minutes...even if I'm not even 5 feet away from it.
---
That's it for Walle for now...

No comments: