Apr 3, 2010

Update...

Well, it's a Saturday night and Ryan is playing a video game...and I'm bored. SO, I figured I'd update this little blog of mine.

---

We move in less than a month...May 1st. The stress is setting in, since we don't know where we're going to live just yet, but I'm hoping it will all work out. We've started packing and plan on taking a quick trip up North in a few weeks to look at some places. If worse comes to worst, our current landlords have a house up there that's in escrow and they've offered to let us stay there for a few weeks before escrow closes and while we find something. I REALLY hope we won't have to take them up on that offer, but it's good to have a back up plan.

I just met up with my friend Katie (who recently finished the licensing program I will start in the fall) and got some details and tips for the internship. I'm getting really excited to start that in August.

---

This week is going to be so great!

First, we'll be celebrating Easter tomorrow with the Neilson family and then we'll be heading over to my Aunt's house to visit with my family one last time before we move. It'll be great to see so much family and I'm REALLY going to miss this. It'll be great to be near my parents, but I've grown accustomed to large family gatherings at nearly every holiday...so they will be missed. Luckily we're not going too far, we'll visit often!

On Monday, Ryan and I are meeting up with his parents in Palm Springs for 2 wonderful days. It's going to be great to be away from the office, out in the sunshine (by the pool if the weather permits), and just relaxing. I only have 3 weeks left at work, but I'm SO tired of it, I NEED this little break. I feel like a senior in high school...so close to the end and so excited FOR the end...it leaves me unmotivated to do my work. I have a bad case of senioritis.

Aside from the excitement of Palm Springs, Ryan and I are going to see Michael Buble this Friday in Los Angeles and I CANNOT WAIT!! We've seen him before and he puts on an EXCELLENT show. When we saw that tickets were going on sale, we HAD to get them. This isn't just me dragging Ryan along, by the way... he really enjoys MB and is just as excited as I am. The next morning, Ryan leaves for Vegas with his friend Chris to catch a concert for The Muse at Mandolay Bay...it's a quick trip though, they leave on Saturday morning and come back on Sunday morning.

ALSO, my cousin Julie is coming into town with her family for the week. I haven't seen her in probably 8 years...we were super close as kids and I'm excited to catch up.

See...it's really going to be a great week.

---

Since I'm leaving my job, I'm losing my insurance. You better believe I'm cramming every appointment I can get into this last month. Dentist, Doctor, Dermatologist, etc. etc. I had my dentist apt. last week and had to schedule an appointment w/ the oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth out. That happens on the 23rd of this month. 1 week before Tiersha's wedding and 1 week and a day before we move...I hope I handle the surgery well and don't swell up or bruise much. I want to look normal for the wedding and I NEED to have energy and be able to function that week to finish packing. It's really cutting it close, but it's the ONLY weekend I had available for the surgery before we move. Wish me luck.

---

That's all for now...

 Ryan got me these for our 3 year anniversary. Doesn't he have good taste??

2 comments:

Whitmore Family said...

When I got my wisdom teeth out, I went to seminary the next morning. Yes, I was still out of it. I also didn't bruise too bad. A week should be plenty of time.

Courtney N said...

I'm jealous you get to see Michael Buble AGAIN! I was just listening to him and telling my friends how much I love him!