I got my wisdom teeth out yesterday. It was my first time going "under" and I was pretty scared. Not scared that I wouldn't wake up, but scared that I WOULD wake up in the middle of the surgery to hear or see something that might freak me out. Luckily the meds worked like a charm and I did not wake up until the surgery was over.
Before the surgery, I got the laughing gas and thought it wasn't working until I felt as light as air which was funny to me. I started giggling and couldn't stop. I was embarrassed that the nurse might hear me, so I started to think about the upcoming surgery which definitely made me stop laughing. Once I got the IV in, the doctor asked me about my internship and I interrupted him and asked how long I had until I was knocked out. I don't remember what he said, but I do remember answering a few questions about my internship and that's about it...
When I woke up, I felt pretty normal, but Ryan said I seemed a little drunk. I guess that might be why I don't remember much of the ride home.
When we got home, Ryan called his grandma to come sit with me for a while so he could take Walle to the vet (he had been acting funny and we thought he might be really sick). Nana came over and took such good care of me, refilling my ice pack and covering me up to keep me warm. She just sat and read while I slept. It was very comforting knowing that she was there for me. Ryan ended up skipping the vet, as Walle started to get better all of a sudden. So he just took him on a walk and returned after an hour or so.
I slept and iced my face all afternoon and evening...
I woke up this morning w/ a little swelling, but not much. Ryan had a golf game scheduled with his dad, so Desiree offered to come "babysit" me. She came over in the morning and made me eggs and then we watched movies and had lunch (milkshake for me). It was fun to sit and talk with her...I'm gonna miss living just a block away!!
I pretty much did more sleeping and icing my face when she left...exciting life!
I've reacted pretty well to the whole surgery and all the medications. I haven't felt much pain, as I've been trying to ward it off with Vicodin...which by the way, I expected to make me feel really loopy or strange...I don't feel different at all with it. I feel a little nauseated throughout the day if I stand for long, but I think it's because of all of the different meds I'm on with not a whole lot of food in my system.
I'm currently taking the following every 4 hours:
1 Antibiotic
1 Vicodin
3 Ibuprofen
2 Anti-Swelling - makes me itchy and causes insomnia (hens the 3:45am blogging session)
AND, I have and anti-nausea tablet that I've had to take twice.
I actually felt great when I woke up this morning so I unloaded the dishwasher. 1/2 way through that I had to lay down and catch my breath. Later today I took Walle downstairs to go to the bathroom and after walking back up the stairs I found myself leaning over the toilet ready to vomit, but luckily it passed. That seems to be my theme so far, I feel fine, then I over do it and realize I'm not fine. I really need to just rest...as boring as it is. I've been lucky enough not to have thrown up yet though. Let's hope my luck continues. Those anti-nausea tabs taste NASTY!
Eating is a pretty big hassle. In the last 2 days I've had a frosty, a yogurt, 1.5 slimfasts, eggs, a milkshake and spaghettios (which I couldn't finish because I got scared that the o's would get into my incisions.
Well, that's about it for now. I'm really hoping I recover quickly. I have a big week ahead of me...lots of packing, dinner with my aunt and uncle, a wedding, my last day at work, and MOVING!
2 comments:
What? No pictures???
That's great - I ate Spaghetti-o's for a week after having my wisdom teeth removed. Surprisingly I can still eat them, I thought that experience would ruin them forever!!
Post a Comment