May 14, 2010

Date night in the city...

Tonight, I met up with Ryan in San Francisco (where he works) for a hot date :) I took the BART in and he and his co-workers picked me up and dropped us off at Pier 39.

Ryan is supposed to be pointing to Alcatraz...but instead he's pointing at a bird...

It seems the city is not thriving, like it used to be...there are FAR fewer sea lions at the pier than there used to be...and as you can see, tourist attractions have taken their hit and had to lower prices (we thought the sign was funny with the 1 just scribbled over the 2)...sadly none of the GOOD attractions have lowered prices.

After jetting through Pier 39 (there's not a whole lot to do/see there, unless you're shopping), we went to the Fishermans Grotto. It's like an alleyway with vendors cooking seafood and selling it right there on the street. Some of the vendors have a sit down restaurant behind them, so Ryan and I decided to take a seat and order up. 1 whole crab for him, 1 half crab for me. It was ok. It mostly just made me miss our FAVORITE crab place in Newport Beach, The Crab Cooker.

On our way out, Ryan saw fresh oysters and HAD to have them. I abstained.

We walked for a bit before finding a bench where we sat and took in the surroundings, the crazy long line for the Trolly, the Bay with a cruise ship coming in, and lots of PIGEONS...or as Ryan calls them, rats with wings...or flying vermin.

Next stop...where else but Ghirardelli Square!? Could you end a night in SF any other way?? We split a delicious Sunday before jumping on the BART and heading home. It was great to have such a fun-filled night and still be in by 8:30!

2 comments:

Courtney N said...

So when I come visit can we go on a "date night" too and do all of the same stuff?!

Abby said...

I agree with Courtney!!