May 18, 2010

our new home...

I don't have pictures of everything as it is now...but I have a few pictures of our place when we first moved in...I figured I'd post those so you can see what I had to wade through to get this place put together. Perhaps in the next week or so I'll get around to taking pictures of what our place looks like now so you can get an idea of where we're at.

When I first walked into the apartment, I noticed that this was the biggest kitchen we've had so far...but once we brought all the kitchen boxes in, it seemed a lot smaller.

It took 2-3 days to even clear the path to get IN to this spare bedroom. Now that things are put away, it's a very spacious room...with enough room for our 2 desks AND room for the queen sized aero-bed when visitors come...hint hint......

This is the master bathroom. We needed to clear the bedroom to get our huge bed set up, so we had to throw everything in here for the day.

The most put-together room on the day we moved in (since we wanted to sleep comfortably after the move). The furniture and bedding was set up, but there were tools strewn about for a few days.

Living room sort of put together so we could all eat pizza and watch tv after our LONG drive and unloading the truck.

--

Luckily the house was only in disarray like this for about 3 days...by the third or 4th day, I think I had all of the boxes unpacked and was just working on organizing.

--

A special thanks to Courtney, Luke, Kiwi, My mom, little brother Jon, and little sister Lauren for helping us drive up and/or unload. And an even BIGGER thanks to JOEY, who flew down south to help us pack/load up the truck AND drove my car up North AND helped unpack AND served as our IT guy by setting up all of the electronics for us. He's AWESOME! I don't know how we would have done it without him.

No comments: