Jun 21, 2010

Visit Down South

Another reason we went down South for the weekend (aside from Luke's graduation) was so that Ryan and his dad could go golfing in Palm Springs on Thursday and Friday with a group of guys from church. While they were off golfing in the heat for 2 days, I went to Orange County to visit some friends and family. It was wonderful!!

I was able to visit with my grandparents, Abby and her boys, Melissa, Desiree, Andrew and Kristen, and my old office. I was able to eat at some of my favorite places, including: Cafe Rio, Crab Cooker, Rustic Pizza, Sprinkles and Nordstrom Cafe! Mmmmm, I think I gained a few pounds on this trip. I was also able to get a mani/pedi, go to the book store, and do a little shopping at the Spectrum and Fashion Island. It was definitely a GOOD couple of days in Orange County and it made me miss it SOOO much. 

The only pictures I got...Nordstrom Cafe salads and Sprinkles cupcakes with Desiree


On Friday night, Ryan and his dad returned from Palm Springs, so I headed back up to LA. On Saturday they golfed for the fourth time in 3 days. While they did that, Arlene and I laid out by the pool and I finished my book The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. That night we had the opportunity to attend a concert by the Pasadena Pops (symphony) with Cirque de la Symphonie, which was amazing. The music was great and the different performers were incredible!! 





On Sunday, we had a relaxing day. We were able to enjoy a delicious steak dinner for Fathers Day before Ryan and I cought our flight home. It was sad to come home and face the reality of a new work week, but it was SO nice to be back in our bed!!


No comments: