Sep 2, 2010

HUGE news...actually it's pretty tiny right now, but still....

So you may or may not have heard, but I'm PREGNANT!! Crazy right?! It is to me...even though we were trying and this is what happens when you try, it still blows my mind! According to the Dr., I'm 13 weeks and 5 days along. I thought I couldn't possibly be any more that 12, but she measured several times and kept getting 13 weeks, and so it is. I'm due on March 3.

So far things are going really well. I've not been cursed with nausea at all! Which is weird to me because my mom was terribly sick with all of us kids, so I always just expected to be the same. My only symptoms so far are cramping, exhaustion, and hunger. I don't even look pregnant yet.

The craziest part is that we only found out a month ago. I have an irregular cycle, so I didn't even blink an eye when I missed my period. And with so few symptoms, it took me a while to raise an eyebrow and wonder if perhaps I could be pregnant. The biggest sign to me that something was up was my digestion. I ate lunch one day and was uncomfortably full...even 7 hours later at dinner time I felt SO full. Then like a switch, that full feeling turned to starvation. I felt like that for a few days and looked it up and saw that it happens to a lot of pregnant women so I went and got a test :)

So since I only found out a month ago and I'm already 3 months along, it's kind of like I got 2 months off! Like a discount. Most women are pregnant for 9 months, I feel like I only have to be pregnant for 7, since I didn't even know about the first 2. So it's my discount baby :)

I had an ultrasound on Tuesday and saw the little tyke in there wiggling around. It was so amazing! I kept saying "that's so weird!!" I could see its heart thumping away in its chest and I could see its tiny legs and hands and everything...it really is a tiny little person. And I mean TINY. At 13 weeks, it should be about 3 inches long.

So that's our news. We're SO excited!!!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Haha! I love the discount baby idea. That's the way to do it! We are soooo excited for you guys!

Rebekah said...

Congrats!! We are excited for you guys!

Alyssa Griffeth said...

CONGRATS!! How exciting! I'm jealous that you got to skip out on the first two months-- They're usually the worst ones anyway!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Missy -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so jealous (and happy for you) that you don't get nausea at all -- you lucky duck! You guys will be amazing parents -- congratulations again!

Whitmore Family said...

You are 14 weeks now!!

Anonymous said...

It must of been that 4 day weekend!

Annica said...

I am SO jealous that you are NOT SICK! I had a miscarriage this year (in May) and I was sick the WHOLE TIME! Hopefully you feel good the whole way through! Sometimes people just do really well with pregnancy! I for sure was not one of them! I am so happy for you too! Thought of any names yet?