Oct 13, 2010

19 weeks

Last time I posted a belly shot I was 15 weeks. So now, 1 month later, I haven't grown THAT much, but enough that I figured another picture was due. So here I am at just over 19 weeks...HALF WAY!

I'm at the point where I'm not supposed to lie on my back anymore because it cuts off blood flow to the baby or something, and sleeping on my stomach (my favorite) is getting uncomfortable, so I'm pretty much only able to sleep on my sides now, and I HATE that. I'll probably need to get one of those crazy body pillows soon.

I'm having some discomfort (round ligament pains) in my stomach when I roll over in bed or made sudden movements throughout the day. It's normal, but can be quite painful. The baby is also pressing on my sciatic nerve (I might have mentioned that already), so I LITERALLY have a pain in my butt most days.

We have our 20 week ultrasound on Friday morning where they'll check the baby's heart and general development to make sure he's healthy and on the right track. They'll also confirm the sex, but it was pretty clear when we went for our last ultrasound, so I'm not expecting any surprises.

3 comments:

Courtney N said...

Yeah! A baby bump! You look great!

Marni's Organized Mess said...

You look adorable!!

Greg and Diana said...

You look so cute and pregnant!! That's a bummer about the baby sitting on your sciatice nerve, I've had friends with that problem - hope you fins ways to get comfortable! Get a body pillow, you will be SOOO happy you did. I am a stomach sleeper and the only thing that saved me during each pregnancy was the body pillow. You feel silly, but you will sleep SOOO much better!!