Oct 5, 2010

Baby inspiration

Now that I know I'm having a boy, it's time to start planning his space. I've never been a big fan of the store bought crib sets. There are plenty of nice ones, but I've never seen one I LOVE...so it makes more sense to have a crib set made to my liking. :) My mom is an incredible seamstress and has agreed to make a custom crib set for me...so now my research begins. I've been searching for colors and designs that speak to me and these two pictures definitely inspired me and gave me a lot of direction for where I want to go with our baby's bedding. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this extra stuffed and monogrammed crib bumper. It looks so simple and classy. I REALLY hope we can recreate something like this for the crib!


I about DIED when I saw this pillow. I had already been thinking of brown and green with orange accents and this just confirmed my decision. Isn't it the CUTEST?!?

4 comments:

Abby said...

LOVE them both. Especially the pillow my friend has those colors and a rug with the giraffe print SO cute!! I can't wait to find out what we are having!!!

Arlene Neilson said...

I agree with Abby. I love the colors and style. So glad you have a talented mom that can help you create them. So excited to see the end result.

Whitmore Family said...

I love this. It is way classy, stylish, and still very boy.

Karilyn Carreon said...

I love those colors! I did not want to buy a bedding set either so my Mom, Nicole and Aunt Lisa helped to make mine! I was going to go with browns and greens but then Aunt Lisa found some cute fabric patterns with shades of brown and blue and I just loved them! It's so much fun! have you guys thought of any names yet?