Oct 11, 2010

sweet dreams...

So I've had this recurring dream over the past few years about babies. I used to have it every few months or so, but now that I'm pregnant, I'm having it weekly. In this dream I have a baby and as I'm caring for it shortly after delivery, I realize that it's not a newborn, it's a toddler.
 
I used to think that maybe this meant I wouldn't be able to have babies and would end up adopting a toddler...but then I got pregnant, so I guess that's not it. Then I realized that I don't have a TON of experience with newborns but I've been around LOTS of toddlers, so maybe it's just what I know best and it's the first thing my subconscious goes to. Then I think maybe it means I'm going to have a 15 pound baby with hair and teeth....

Ryan says I think too much. 

---

Also, before we found out what we were having, I was pretty sure it was a girl. However, the night before we found out, I had another toddler dream. We met friends for breakfast before our ultrasound and were talking about making bets on the sex of the baby. I told them about my dream: "if it helps you make your decision, I had a dream last night that it was a boy. But I also dreamed the baby was Asian, so take it for what it's worth". 

Later when we found out we were having a boy, we texted our friends with the news and Ryan's friend Andrew responded: "Can you tell if it's Asian yet?"

FUNNY GUY.

2 comments:

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Hahahahahahahaha. That IS funny!!

Jessica Munk said...

In reality, the time from newborn to toddler really does go so so fast! Savor every minute, even the 3:47a, inconsolable baby minute! You'll never get it back!