This week I decided to make a turkey. I've never done it and I've never really had a desire to, but one of my co-workers mentioned that he had just made one and he brought a turkey sandwich with the leftovers. I remembered how much I LOVE leftover turkey sandwiches and realized that the one bummer about going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving is that you don't get leftovers. SO, I decided then and there that I would make a small turkey this year...for the first time ever.
I picked out an 8.5 pounder and freaked out a little when I started to prepare it. I really realized that it was a carcass and it just grossed me out. Luckily the prep was quick and easy and I got that thing in the oven. After touching that thing, I sanitized everything and washed my hands a million times (I have issues with touching raw meat).
3 hours later...it looks like a real turkey!! I was so excited, I couldn't stop smiling....
Ryan carved it up for us...and it tasted pretty good. It was super moist and flavorful. We also had stuffing and gravy.
2 comments:
You're so flipping cute. I was going through photos last night to find a pic and I found a ton of you from AMS. It was cute to see ya in my stack. I thought about scanning and emailing them to you, but obviously didn't.
Good for you! That's awesome!
I, too, have issues with touching raw meat. I do it all the time, but it totally grosses me out, so I keep a box of powder-free vinyl gloves under my kitchen sink(I buy them at Target or the drugstore). It makes me dread it so much less!
Post a Comment