Dec 1, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend in Southern CA

We had a WONDERFUL weekend in Southern CA for Thanksgiving weekend.

To avoid traffic, we woke up EARLY on Thanksgiving morning and made the drive to LA. We left the house at 4:30am and got in at about 10:00. There was no one on the road, so it was a great drive. We had just enough time to clean up and rest for a bit before we had to jump back into the car and head down to Mission Viejo for Thanksgiving dinner at Ryan's uncle's home. There was a full house...about 40 people, and dinner was GREAT. Most of the family went off to a movie after dinner and the guys who stayed went up to watch football while the girls stayed downstairs and talked, which was one of my favorite parts of the day.

After we left, Ryan mentioned that he could see a difference in me after I've been with friends. He said I seem happier and more energetic. It's so true, I don't have many opportunities to hang out with a fun group of girls up North and I miss it SO much.

At about 5:00 we headed off to MY aunt and uncle's home in Mission Viejo to see my family for Thanksgiving. It was a much smaller crowd, but it was so fun to see everyone and catch up. I especially enjoyed meeting my cousin Erin's baby boy, Jack. He is SUCH a doll.

After visiting for a bit, Ryan went back to LA with his parents so he could golf with his dad all weekend, and I stayed at my aunt and uncle's for a few nights so I could go Black Friday shopping with Melissa. It was so funny saying goodnight to him and heading back to my aunt and uncles house to sleep. I lived with them before we got married, so it reminded  me of our dating days. I even slept in my old room :)

Black Friday shopping with Melissa was a success and I got a lot done without spending too much, so I was happy. After a long nap, I went over to my grandparents to spend some time with them and my parents, who went down south for the holiday too. That night I met up with Desiree for Cafe Rio...which was unbelievably delicious!!

The next morning, I woke up early for my baby shower...but I'll save that for another post, this one is LONG enough.... :)

No comments: