Today we had the opportunity to have a 3d/4d ultrasound taken with Ryan's mom, sister Courtney, and brother Luke. Luke leaves for his 2 year mission for our church just 2 weeks before we're due and he won't even get to meet Brady until he's 2 years old, so I'm really glad he was able to experience the ultrasound and get a glimpse of baby Brady.
I had an appointment with my doctor yesterday to check my progress and get an estimated measurement of the baby. When my doctor walked in and saw Ryan she said, "well by looking at him, I'm afraid to say you are going to have a LARGE baby," but as soon as she started the ultrasound she said "hmmm, maybe not!" While the ultrasound measurements can be off by about 1.5lbs +/-, she estimated he is about 6.5lbs right now (today's ultrasound showed the exact same measurements) and said he should gain about .5lbs a week until the end . She's guessing we'll have an 8 pounder, which I would be happy with.
She also checked my progress and told me that I'm already 50% effaced and 1cm dilated!! I was hoping for some progress, but I didn't actually think there would be any. I know that it doesn't necessarily mean I'll be delivering early...but a girl can dream, right?? The doctor said she would kind of expect me to deliver 1/2 to 1 week early. I would be happy delivering TOMORROW.
I know I've had a very easy pregnancy, but my nights are getting more and more sleepless and I would love to have this baby out so that I can at least get comfortable in bed again...even though I know I won't be sleeping much once the baby gets here. I'm also just anxious to meet this boy. I think we're about as ready as we can be for his arrival. We have most of the things we need, I've ready tons of books on what to expect (though I'm sure I'll still have a panic attack when it happens), we've taken the childbirth prep class, and we just had our hospital tour last night. Other than packing my hospital bag and washing baby clothes and blankets, I'd say we're all set!
I'll try to get an updated pregnant picture up here soon since it's been about 8 weeks since my last one. It's harder since I don't have my tripod and fancy drop cloths to play with (they are in storage)...but I'll try and get something together soon.

1 comment:
The last four weeks are always tough. Hang in there! It's better for baby to be in for as long as possible.
And technically, your baby could be up to 14 days "late" and still be "on time." Due dates are guess dates. Don't let that date dictate your patience!
I was dilated to a 3 for 3 weeks with 3 of my kids. Sorry. :(
They don't usually get the weight right. We thought Mark was going to be over 9 pounds like Nathan was, so we induced early. He was only 8 lbs 5 oz. I was so angry with myself for making him come out before he needed to.
Big babies are healthier. Let him grow! Let him grow. :)
Good luck!
Post a Comment