Last week I flew home for one last pre-baby visit with my family. I know I've had lots of time with them over the last year, but with all time free time I have, I figured it would be good to fit in one more visit since I imagine it will be a while before I make that trip again...and next time I do, the travel experience will be MUCH different with an infant in tow. While home, I did some shopping with my mom and made out like a BANDIT at Gymboree. I was SO excited about my purchases! I also got meet up with my friend Katie for lunch at Nordstrom Cafe (my FAVORITE) while visiting, AND my nieces came over for a sleep over, so I got to spend some quality time with them as well. It was definitely a fun time and I'm really glad I was able to make the trip.
As far as pregnancy updates go, I'm 34 weeks along and can't even believe it. I need to take a new belly picture, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'm still pretty small for how far along I am. Everyone is shocked to hear that I'm 8 months. What blows my mind is the fact that in approximately 6 weeks we'll have an INFANT to care for. I can't really picture what it will be like at all. I'm just very excited to be able to hold our little one.
What once seemed like a never ending list of "needs" for the baby (I can't believe something so small needs SO much), is now a very manageable, rather small list. It's been so fun to cross things off as I've found great deals on things like swings and pack 'n plays. There are just a handful of items we still need to get before I can say we are ALL ready for the baby (at least as far as STUFF goes...can I ever be fully ready for a new baby??).
I still feel pretty great except some sharp back and rib pain that seems to come only when I'm sitting. Long car drives are the WORST... especially if I'm driving because I can't do a whole lot to find relief. I was near TEARS last week as I drove from Orange County to LA one night. I'm going to mention it to my doctor tomorrow, but I'm sure it's just from taking one too many kicks to the ribs or something. Other than that, I'm feeling pretty great, and remarkably energetic.
I'm seeing my new doctor tomorrow. After several DOZEN phone calls, I finally found one and got my medical records to her. Unfortunately the process of switching from Kaiser to Blue Cross and finding a new doctor was such a hassle that I ended up just settling for the first one available and there aren't any reviews of her online, so I'm HOPING she's great.
That's all for now....
2 comments:
So which doctor did you end up seeing here in OC??
Her name is Linda Chung, she's with Saddleback Women's Medical Group...their office is in the medical office of Saddleback hospital, so that's where I'll be delivering.
I couldn't find any reviews of her online so I was nervous, but from what I saw of her on my first apt., I really liked her. She seemed super nice.
Post a Comment