May 17, 2011

I don't have time to blog anymore

Brady is doing pretty great this week. He's been much less fussy now that he's on medicine for reflux and I'm seeing his beautiful smile so much more frequently. I LOVE that. Last week he suddenly stopped sleeping well at night for some reason and it lasted an entire week. I'm implementing several tips from "The No Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through The Night", including an earlier bedtime and a bedtime routine and he's back to sleeping 6-7 hour stretches at a time each night, which is great. We still have a lot to do, like get him to be able to go to bed awake and fall asleep on his own and put himself back to sleep as he wakes during the night. It really takes a lot of work to get a good sleeper. It's work, but it's WORKING. 



One suggestion to teach him to fall asleep in his crib and get him comfortable in there so he can fall back asleep during the night was to get a mobile and put him in there during awake/play time a few times a day. This supposedly makes him more comfortable being in the crib and therefore more able to fall asleep easily. He was pretty mesmerized by the mobile today and kept flashing it big gummy grins...kind of like THIS:


After play time, we (I) got bored and decided to have a little photo shoot with this awesome beanie that my mom bought him a while back. It FINALLY (almost) fits.


Isn't he the most beautiful thing EVER?!?

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

He is too adorable! This makes me want my little girl here!